Sunday, October 19, 2014

Family

 You may wonder "how?" family can have much to do with awakening your innate wisdom. Yes, there is much research about where you fall in the family and the role you take on. The lessons you learn from watching your parents relationship or lack there of. The type of family I am speaking of is the one you create.
  I am unclear where I learned this concept, possibly from my parents being divorced and adding new siblings such as a half or a step brother or sister. I think that somewhere in my heart I knew that these labels created a separation within the structure. I chose, to do away with them.
  I taught this same concept to my boys. The three of them each have a different dad. In the growing of our family we have added several of their long time friends. What has happened has been amazing! They have had arguments with their friends about half siblings and labels and how that doesn't flow in our house. With this knowledge these young men have taken the message home and my boys have been treated as family from their families. We continue to practice this and our family is growing..
  I am reading this and wondering what my point is? Ahhh yes, I do have one. I work at a mental health hospital and so many of our clients come in lacking family support. I invite them to consider staff their family while they are staying with us. I invite you to do the same in your life and watch your family grow and see what awakens within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment