Friday, October 31, 2014

Coloring outside the lines, yep it's a thing

  When was the last time you sat down and colored? You know like when you were in grade school, with crayons and colored pencils? I had forgotten that in moments of frustration I would sit quietly and draw. I am in no way an artist like my little bro or even my youngest son.
   I would use a charcoal pencil and paper with texture, so I could smear the lines into shade and shadows. What would I draw? Mainly women on swings or them sitting crossed legged on the ground. Not exactly sure the reason. They were easy and the human body has so many relaxing curves and shadows. What's my point?
    I sat down the other night while missing a friend and drew something. When I was done I used my crayons and colored pencils to finish it. I was so aware of missing my friend that I couldn't stop my mind from running all over the place. While coloring, I tuned into the feel of the crayon in my hand and the sound the pencil made on the paper. In a few moments I was back to present, time had passed and what do you know? My friend called.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment