Choice and Consequence
- Yesterday I was given the opportunity to spend time with a friend. As we laughed and shared our day the night crept on. Typically this is a fabulous thing, this happened to be a work night. I checked the clock and it was ten, very near the time I go to bed. My soul had a joyous buzz going on and I made the conscious choice to continue visiting for another hour. At the moment this seemed like no big deal. I drove my friend home and by the time I climbed in bed it was midnight, no biggie. I sleep deep. Uh I was all jacked up on joy and soul buzziness. It took me an hour to wind down and fall asleep. The bottom line here is that I was able to sleep for three hours before waking to primp for my 12 hour shift. I was bright and my joy continued to flow as I readied for the day.
- Once at work I started to recognize that I was participating in severe "ditsy" behavior, or sleep deprivation. I had a couple things I could do here, whine or move on. I chose to use my experience from the night before to fuel me on, remembering the cute and humorous things we had shared. The interesting thing was to hear several of my co-workers express a lack of sleep also. Here I was in the perfect moment of discovery! I was able to be aware of the words coming out of my mouth and how others spoke of their weariness. I noticed that we are an amazing team of people, sharing our lack of sleep and laughing at the forgetfulness and silly behavior that comes with it. This was all going great until about 1500 or three p.m. and out of nowhere I hit the proverbial WALL . Okay, okay it wasn't out of nowhere we all knew it was going to find me at some point during my shift ha ha ha. You may ask what I did? I reached into my arsenal of love, also known as my little pouch of rocks. What I chose is referred to as "poppy jasper" this is the intention it travels with
- Poppy Jasper is a variation of Brecciated Jasper characterized by orbicular patterns of bright red “poppies” amid mottled shades of brown, black, yellow or white. A joyful stone associated with poppies and remembrance, Poppy Jasper brings cheerfulness and vitality, reminding humanity to help one another. This stone can be gently stimulating, or fiery in passion and intensity as needed. It provides the impetus for variety and new experiences, and encourages the development of fresh ideas.
- I put it near my skin and for the next several hours I was able to continue on bright and cheery. The tools you choose to feel your "arsenal of love/tool box" will be there when you call on them, so grateful for my poppy jasper today, a great evening last night and the awareness to see the joy in my consequence.
No comments:
Post a Comment