Saturday, November 1, 2014

Who knew?

  My original plan was to come home from work and post that I hadn't really had a need to reach into my tool bag today. Then I walked into my kitchen and low and behold. The sink that had been empty this morning was now stacked with dishes. Ugh! My blood began to boil and I felt an angry group of words rising to the surface.
  I stopped, dropped mt head and thought " What the hell? Wait, you don't know the kind of day anyone else has had so let's not blow our top." I began to breathe deep intentional breaths. I called myself to the present , leaving my day behind and spoke with loving kindness (about ten breaths later) I looked up to see Cole watching me. I calmly stated " Cole , can you take care of this please?" and pointed to the side of the sink where icky water was sitting, then walked away. What do you know he moved to the issue of my frustration and cleared it up. Wow, that was much better than past experiences. Thank goodness for my tools and there instant presence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment