What do you do when life sends an emergent situation your way? This happened to me today. While I was at work, I saw I had a missed call from my youngest son, Cole. When I called him back he was having a difficult time maintaining the calm of who he is. He burst into upset and asked me to please come home. Yikes! I still had two and half hours left to my shift.
This my friends is where I pulled out a tool I am leery of using. It's called "asking for what I need". The way it works in our family is you are always able to ask for what you need. The other part of this is that you ask with no expectations, a yes or a no and we are okay with whatever the answer. This was a tad bit difficult for me today due to I was in need of a "yes".
I called my staffing person and within minutes was returned an answer of " We are tight on staff right now, but we need to get you out the door and home." This was not a yes or no. It was a possibility and I have to admit that my heart sunk. I also began to panic. I felt helpless and my son was in need of serious support! Then the phone rang and I was told " You are two minutes away from support on the floor. Go home!"
As I type this the size of grace and compassion that was given to me and my family today is overwhelming. I have tears in my eyes as I type. Never be afraid to use this tool from your arsenal of love. The possibilities are endless as to what can show up. Soooooo grateful for the team of people I work with <3
No comments:
Post a Comment